May 14, 2019
Find show notes for this episode at
In Galatians 4 we discover Paul’s understanding
that we become children of God by God’s grace and not by our
heritage or birth. As we are shaped and formed by God’s
grace, we begin to see every person as God created them to be. We
look beyond the Law to grace.
Once Paul sees grace as a relationship with God, this
relationship formed and informed his ministry. It is a matter
of becoming who God created him to be.
Here are five questions we use to help you become the kind of
leader others want to follow as we look at Galatians 4.
- What are the circumstances surrounding the situation? These are
the facts. Do not include opinions here. Only include the things
that are objectively true and can be affirmed by anyone.
- What are my thoughts about this situation? Often these are
opinions and stories you're telling yourself.
- What are you feeling? Name your feelings in one word.
- What actions are you taking? Explore your inaction as
- What results do you want? Name the desired outcome, purpose
and/or mission you're trying to achieve.
After listening to the podcast, consider the following:
- How do we help people understand, claim, and live who God
created them to be as opposed to who we want them to be?
- How do we help people grow in grace?
- Become a LeaderCast Insider - be the
first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes
live. You'll also get links to the resources for each episode!
- Sign-up for Following Jesus Every Day: Galatians, Gospel of
Grace, a daily Bible Study that invites you to read,
reflect, and respond to Scripture every day. We'll deliver an email
to your inbox each morning to help you journey through the book of
Galatians. Sign up today!